Hydrogen and fuel cell technologies are being embraced by the maritime industry as part of wider efforts to promote a green operational footprint. Hydrogen fuel cell vessels and traditional electric vessels with lithium batteries are currently being developed for various maritime applications. This one-day conference will focus on the key features and benefits of hydrogen fuel cell vessels.
Industry leaders will bring to light the latest industry initiatives on hydrogen and fuel cells. Speakers will discuss how hydrogen fuel cells and traditional batteries can coexist and complement each other in delivering clean and efficient energy solutions for various maritime applications.
This conference will take place the day before the Maritime Hybrid & Electric Conference which takes place in the same venue in Bergen on 4-5 September. Special rates are available for those wishing to attend all 3 days.
WHO YOU WILL MEET
Attendees will include: hydrogen fuel cell manufacturers; engine manufacturers; systems integrators; naval architects; vessel owners and operators; industry associations; classifications societies; analysts; and industry suppliers.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
• Potential of hydrogen and fuel cells for maritime applications
• Industry update – current R&D initiatives and the latest industry data
• Understanding the features and benefits - How do fuel cells compare against traditional battery technologies
• How can the enhanced energy density of hydrogen benefit maritime vessels?
• Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cells for maritime
• Solid Oxide fuel cells for maritime
• Understanding the potential of ammonia as a renewable fuel
• Engineering considerations when dealing with hydrogen and fuel cells – vessel layout and weight
• Can hydrogen and fuel cells be produced in an environmentally friendly and cost-effective way?
• Case studies of recent industry initiatives and vessels
• The business case for hydrogen fuel cell vessels